Whether you’re announcing a product launch, a social media promotion, a fundraising campaign or your next event appearance, social media advertising should be an important piece of your business’ digital marketing campaign. Targeted Facebook ads are often an effective way to deliver the results your company is looking for and help you reach a large number of soon-to-be loyal customers.
Why You Should Use Them
Facebook's ad targeting enables you to drill down to any audience. With more than 2 billion monthly active users, every consumer market imaginable is on Facebook.
Here are some interesting statistics about Facebook’s loyal users:
- Highest traffic on the social network occurs between 1-3pm.
- Engagement is 18 percent higher on Thursdays and Fridays.
- 69 percent of people with an annual income higher than $75,000 visit the site.
- The average user has 300 friends.
- 5 new Facebook profiles are created every second.
- Users spend an average of 20 minutes on the site.
- Facebook is responsible for 1 out of 5 page views on the internet.
- 10 million websites feature Facebook’s ‘like’ and ‘share’ buttons.
- 300 million photos are uploaded each day.
- Facebook users are 76 percent female.
- Every minute, 510,000 comments are posted and 293,000 statuses are updated.
- Half of all users age 18-24 check Facebook first thing when they wake up.
- 68 percent of college-educated internet users visit Facebook monthly.
- 42 percent of marketers report that Facebook is critical or important to their business.
- 45 percent of users access the site multiple times per day.
Tips for Success
Many people can be intimidated by the thought of spending money of Facebook ads, but if you’re a new company, Facebook ads could be the key to a bigger fan base and social media success.
- Study the Different Types of Ads: There are many different types of Facebook ad options; each designed to deliver a different value to marketers. For a detailed look at each ad type, read this article from AdEspresso by Hootsuite. Also, your ads should include high-quality images. For more information on image and ad specs and sizing, read this article from Buffer Social.
- Understand Your Audience: If you want to be successful in your Facebook advertising, you need to understand what your audience likes, dislikes and does for fun. The more specific your keyword is to the potential customer, the better your click-through rates are going to be and the more you’ll get out of your ad campaign.
- Try Engagement Ads: If you need to attract more fans to your page, consider using engagement ads instead of website traffic ads. These advertisements keep users inside Facebook, meaning when someone clicks on the ad it takes them to a Facebook page instead of an external website.
- Transform Page Updates Into Ads: One of the best strategies is to turn a well-performing update on your Facebook page into an advertisement to increase engagement. You should consider choosing a post that contains a call to action such as watching a video for an upcoming webinar you are doing or donating to a cause you’re fundraising for.
- Reduce Ad Costs & Increase Conversions by Targeting Existing Fans: If you have time to play with strategies, consider starting with an advertising campaign that targets only existing fans. Facebook charges less per click for such ads and you have the added benefit of increasing engagement with the fans you already have. Take advantage of your fan base and give them a reason to engage with you, sign up for your email lists or check out your new product.
- Target Users by Location: Zip code targeting makes Facebook advertising much more attractive to local businesses that are not after consumers outside their local area or region. After all, does it matter if people see your ads if they are not in your area to make a purchase or engage with your business?
Facebook ads are a powerful marketing tool for small business owners, in part because of their specific targeting and clear reporting. Facebook ads can be a powerful marketing tool for your small business. With simple measurement and unparalleled ability to target based on interests and custom audiences, Facebook ads can be the difference maker—to help you cut through the noise, reach your customers, and grow your business.
For help on getting started with Facebook Ads, contact LinkPoint today to learn more about our Internet Marketing services!