WordPress tops the list of the three most often used site building packages in the world, followed by Joomla (LinkPoint recommended, as well) and Drupal.
WordPress has been around since 2003 and is the most popular blogging software on the market. Over the last few years, WordPress has also become the content management software of choice for non-blogging websites.
LinkPoint recommends the Wordpress platform for the following types of sites and businesses:
Here are the top reasons why LinkPoint Media uses and recommends WordPress and why you might want to consider their platform for your ecommerce business or blog:
- Ease of Use: WordPress is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Adding new pages, blog posts, images, etc. on a regular basis is a breeze and can be done quickly. Because the technology is so simple, time spent on formatting is greatly reduced.
- Flexible and Adaptable for Changing Needs: Although WordPress was originally designed to support blogging and related types of online publishing, it also powers a wide range of sites with other purposes. As mentioned above, WordPress sites can contain full service ecommerce stores (including subscription based).
- Search Engines Love WordPress Sites: The code behind WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index a site’s content. In addition, each page, post, and image can have its own meta tag keywords, description, and title, and be optimized for specific keywords, allowing for very precise search engine optimization. You can also use tags to further enhance your search engine optimization efforts.
- Blog is Built-in and Ready to Go: Since WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built-in and are easy to integrate, if desired. Setting up RSS / email subscriptions to your blog, commenting capabilities, and automatically adding the most recent blog posts to other pages of the site (your homepage, for example) are also very simple to set-up, and help to extend your company’s reach and make your site more dynamic and interactive.
WooCommerce - Subscription Plugin
As mentioned above, WordPress is a perfect platform for ecommerce based businesses. Within your ecommerce, subscription options can take your sales to the next level! The WordPress plugin, WooCommerce, allows for development of a full subscription service.
Here are a few benefits to this plugin:
- It’s FREE: Woocommerce is free open source software. This is extremely favorable especially to small and medium scale businesses which are just starting out. There are add-ons and extensions that are paid, but the basic plugin and use are free.
- Professional and customizable: Many free apps and plugins turn out not to be up to standard. This is not so for the Woocommerce plugin. It is professional and standard and it can be easily customized with a variety of themes which can also be further modified for color variety. This would ensure that at no time is your ecommerce site looking like what you could find on a hundred other sites. Again, you can further customize your Woocommerce by downloading plugins that provide an extra function. Woocommerce allows you to download such plugins and integrate them with your store. Some of the plugins are available on the WordPress store are free too.
- Analytics: Woocommerce offers a wide range of analytic tools that make it a top choice for ecommerce developers. This is really great because with this tool you can measure sales of products and analyse them according to date and brand, measure the statistics for different customers individually, calculate your total sales daily and monthly, measure the total number of orders you have received, track the orders customers are placing, determine delivery peak areas and times etc. and you do not have to download a separate plugin to do this as the tool has this inbuilt already.
- Security: One of the most important factors in ecommerce is security. Customers need to be assured that the transactions they make are secure, and that the sites they are working with are not fraudulent. Managers of ecommerce sites should ensure that they provide such security to the customer. With Woocommerce, security is a major factor of excellence. Woocommerce is highly secure and this is because of the regular updates that it undergoes to ensure that it cannot be hacked and that bugs present are quickly weeded out.
- Flexibility: Woocommerce offers a lot of flexibility. Using the plugin, you can make content changes easily without much fuss. For example, it is very easy to change a product price at any time of the day using this plugin, which is difficult using others where you have to wait for off-peak periods. You can also sell various kinds of products on this platform.
There are many ways in which the WooCommerce plugin serves to better the world of ecommerce. So, if you are thinking of which platform to host your current or new ecommerce business on, you would not be going wrong in using WooCommerce with WordPress.
Below are a few examples of WordPress sites that LinkPoint Media has built:
Does WordPress seem like the right fit for you and your business? Contact LinkPoint Media today to learn more about how we can help you take the next step!