The new year is always about big resolutions and big hopes for the coming months. How can we take that excitement and reflect it in our businesses?
Whether your business is brand new or you’ve been at it for a while, the end of the year and the beginning of the new year is a great time to reflect on how far you’ve come while planning for what’s coming next.
Topics we have focused on this year:
- The Benefits of G-Suite for Your Business: Here at LinkPoint Media, we utilize G Suite to keep our team synced and on track. From shared calendars to shared files, our team can work side by side even as we all work remotely. And with branded email addresses we can ensure our branding is recognizable. Ever accidently delete a file or email? G Suite offers the protection of recovering such mistakes. And this is just the beginning of the benefits of G-Suite for business, keep reading to see why and how G-Suite is best for your business.
- What is SEO and why do you need it?: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website so that it performs well in organic search. Ranking high for search terms - keywords - increases the visibility of a website and leads to a higher number of visitors. Put more simply, SEO will allow you to connect with those searching for your product or service and help turn them into customers. Overall, search engine optimization is one of the most effective and sustainable ways to build your online presence. Rather than seeing it as something to “fix” after you’ve created content, keep SEO top of mind from the beginning.
- Why Social Media Branding Is Important: Social media is a proven tool that take this relationship to the next level. It’s how many big and small brands are connecting to consumers, including your competitors. So why should you be left behind? First impressions are everything. It’s true about people and it’s true about brands. That’s one of the reasons it’s so important to take care of your appearance. For a business that means having an appealing, eye-catching visual presence.
- Why Facebook Advertising is Effective for Small Businesses: Whether you’re announcing a product launch, a social media promotion, a fundraising campaign or your next event appearance, social media advertising should be an important piece of your business’ digital marketing campaign. Targeted Facebook ads are often an effective way to deliver the results your company is looking for and help you reach a large number of soon-to-be loyal customers.
- The Advantage of Facebook Video Ads: As videos are catching more attention in the Facebook newsfeed, millions of leading brands are incorporating these video ads into their marketing campaign. In the end, it’s not about a one-size-fits-all recommendation. It’s about using video as part of your campaigns to help further your brand and your message.
- The Benefits of Print Design Marketing: While we are a society of technologically-obsessed people, who aren’t comfortable unless we are constantly connected via some sort of digital device, print media is still alive and well. While online media is here to stay, it is important not to ignore print marketing. Careful analysis can determine which is better for your business and combining online and print media can be very powerful. It is important to stay open to many marketing opportunities to find what will work best for your next campaign.
- Design Resources for Non-Designers and Beginners: In our visual world, graphic design is an increasingly important skill for all kinds of creatives (and business owners) to have. Whether you're creating a postcard, flyer, presentation, or fundraising email, a little design know-how goes a long way. Not a “designer” by trade? There is still hope. Don’t let your small business lose traction just because you don’t have a designer in house. Unleash that creativity, and share your story!
- The Benefits of Wordpress / WooCommerce for Small Businesses: WordPress tops the list of the three most often used site building packages in the world, followed by Joomla (LinkPoint recommended, as well) and Drupal. WordPress has been around since 2003 and is the most popular blogging software on the market. Over the last few years, WordPress has also become the content management software of choice for non-blogging websites. Does it fit your business?
- Why Website Layout Matters: With competition for web traffic so high, it’s no longer enough to simply launch a generic website. If your website aesthetic doesn’t stand out, you won’t stand a chance at getting a portion of the millions of web surfers running searches online. It is true what they say about having only one chance to make a good first impression. Website first impressions matter, so make them count.
- The Importance of Business to Business NetworkingThe Importance of Business to Business Networking: Even with LinkedIn, Alignable, Facebook Live, and the latest social media platforms, face-to-face interaction is the key for building trust. Making a personal connection with eye contact, fist bump or handshake, and solid conversation is still the most powerful networking. By growing your network, opportunities arise, business partners appear, connections are made and trust is garnered in the local community. No matter the size of your company, you need local support, and there’s no better way to get it than putting your name out there.
So how can you bring it all together to prepare for a new year?
Take it one step at a time.
Evaluate the strategies you used and implemented this year. What worked? What didn’t work? Knowing what to let go of and what to carry over into the new year is a great way to see and allow space for new strategies and initiatives.
Need help with any of the services and strategies we have mentioned? Contact us today and we’ll help you kick off the new year with a purposeful plan!