SALARY: Starting at $40,000
BENEFITS: Two weeks paid time off after first year. No health offered at this time.
We are looking for a Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The Web Developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function. The Web Developer will strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. The Web Developer will implement the vision set forth by the designer and the client by creating responsive websites that match their specific needs. The Web Developer uses advanced knowledge of responsive web technologies, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participates in design and development lifecycle including testing
- Develop Responsive Mobile friendly website templates for WordPress, Joomla and Drupal
- Learn and apply the latest technologies as they become available and continually refine skills and knowledge of existing development tools.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Enhance LinkPoint Media’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Update and maintain the security and reliability of all websites
- Create and add G Suite accounts
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years experience in a similar position.
- Ability to work with little supervision; must be highly motivated.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and a popular CMS (Joomla, WordPress or Drupal).
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and Sass
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Knowledge of PHP, and MySQL is required.
- Experience with Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal.